Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hell City Anthology Part Two

The Scum
The bastard came out of nowhere! Fuck a part of me was glad to see him, the other part knew what he wanted. I worked with the team back in the day..My wish on that night: To have fun. This may sound common but all I could do was have fun. Killin myself aint fun, couldnt do it. If getting shot isnt fun, wont have that. Back then I torched down an entire city and laughed at every single puppy dog eye and moan and sob I got. It was somehow euphoric...and Her..Oh man...She was so fine...he body screamed to me..And rejection isnt fun...I got a taste of the woman of my dreams. I was Her love, I know it! But hey..that was twenty years ago...now I work for The Boss...Everyone deserves a last meal right? Mine:a shitty pizza and cheap beer, while some gutter loving junky eyed me down..For some odd reason...no..I dont know how it happened. Being stabbed isnt fun. Maybe it was the whiskey then..I dont know how I came to let down my guard. Before I knew it I was face first on the ground the broken glass my face landed next to reflected a bloody smiley face..I laughed as it whispered to me "Soldier, special Corp. Dishonorable Discharge; betrayed by his people..We go back a long way Jim...Having Fun?" He laughed, I started cracking up a bit myself, thought it was an old friend pulling a gag..that is until I felt the sting of a blade go into my calf...Not very fun...I began to get to my feet, this type of wound may cripple a normal man, but being crippled isnt fun is it? So why was I laughing? "Back then..." the smile muttered "we called ya the scum...you took delight in every dirty deed you did. You remember that code name? Here..I knew that wouldnt really hurt you..take a drink.." He handed my a half empty bottle of some murky liquor. I swished it down before nailing him in the face for stabbing me. Looking back I should have thought how odd it was for the Avenger of all people to let his guard down for that. He kicked back behind the dumpster, the dirty junky seemed asleep so we had some alone time, talking about the good ol days. Talking about the horrific hell fires, the screams, the training, the funny man at the cross roads...Yep..fun times..We got to a point where he wanted to discuss The Boss..I was shocked, that was the one man I knew he wanted vengeance on..he was however, My Boss now too...I knew i shouldnt have told him all i did but for some reason it was..fun...I told him I didnt know where he was, but I knew where an old friend who worked for him is. Before we said our goodbyes though he turned to me..and the smile on the mask seemed smaller then the sick smile he must have been hiding.. He held out his knife..."Thanks for the memories old friend..." He said in a gleefull tone "But they arent memories I care to remember..." In one quick jester I found a knife inside my stomach..As I began to lose vision I saw something on the floor next to the damned junky..Molly...I had been drugged bad...I passed out I had one last thought.."This was...fun..?"

The Knight
My codename was The Knight back in the day. I attacked that town in chainmail and a sword. I had been trained well in many arts of combat, and though my work with the government had proved questionable, i never thought theyd ask as such without good reason, then betray us when the chips are down. After I escaped the mental institution I spent the next twenty years of my life curled up inside a bottle, drinking away the horrors as bessed I could. So there I sat that night, in a damp, dark bar. It was already a bad night, some weird looking junky eyed me at a table in the back. As he did Some asshole punk came up to me. They asked me why I was dressed in a knights suit with a sword. As they laughed I told them to piss off. Ever strike a bees nest? They were five men to one worn out man in a suit. They struck the hornets nest. The one to the far left, with some awesome skull tatoo swung a fist to me. The idiot his the armor and busted his hand. I sighed as I got up...They jumped when they thought they had the chance to, two seconds later there were four dead men in eight equal, bloody parts. As I turned around smiling at my work, it seemed one of them was smart enough to point a gun to my mouth. "This was it..." I thought.."no..am I happy?" as I flashed back in a cliche memory clip to the story of my life the man dropped to the ground. It seems some fried hole was in the back of his head, I looked around, I saw no one who seemed to be my ally..Why did they kill this man? Its a question I still wonder in my grave. as I sat back down in the bloody mess and poured a new drink, a Big, yellow smile waved to me...

The Avenger(2)
The Knight...One of the few of my old comrades I dont want to stab in the head. Too bad I sorta have to. His deal with the dealer was by far the oddest one..While we all asked for the poweer to win, he in turn asked for his last thought to simply be a happy one. I guess with the horror we were about to cause, he knew it would be needed. Im bewildered at the moment though. Here I sit next to a raggidy old "knight" in a run down bar covered in blood. Least I got to see him again. Least I got to see my mentor. As I approached him with a tear in my eye, knife drawn, he did not try to defend himself. "Ya know Chay..Im happy.." I paused.."heh..lookin back...she loved me didnt she?" Rest in peace Knight..you taught me what I needed to know..you were the only good man out of us all..

No comments:

Post a Comment